Wednesday 17 April 2013

Branding - Scarlet Knight Hairdressing

In my third and final branding spotlight of the day I'd like to share with you the branding my husband and I worked on for Scarlet Knight Hairdressing. 


John and Charlotte from Scarlet Knight had done a lot of research and they were very clear in their preferred colour palette and typeface - Le Havre. It's a great typeface so I was really pleased we had a good started point. So the question was whether to go down the route of just using the typeface for a logotype or whether to incorporate a logo mark. I began sketching away, getting some of the more obvious ideas out the way (a shield for Knight was one of them!). I always think this is a good approach... even if you know you probably won't use it, it's good to get it on paper so you can clear you head for others thoughts - like writing to do lists! 

As I was sketching away drawing hair brushes and scissors I realised there was something clever we could do with the S and the K. I also liked the idea of using the circle to create the negative space and cut out feel to the visual identity. It pulls it together and keeps it neat. 



My husband, Simon Brown, then went on to design the website and developed the visual branding across the pages. 

Hope you've enjoyed my little branding spotlight today! Three very different projects for very different clients... but all really enjoyable to work on and with (hopefully) successful results!

No comments:

Post a Comment